Monday, November 30, 2009

Playing favorites

Whether we care to admit it or not, it is nearly impossible not to play favorites in life. Teachers have their favorite students, mothers have their favorite children (right, mom?) and even dogs have their favorite toy. It’s just a fact of life. As for me, I have a lot of favorite things, places and people. Here’s where I grossly lack impartiality:





• Favorite drink: coffee. At home: Starbucks Breakfast Blend. On the go: Tim Horton’s Hazelnut coffee.







• Favorite candy: candy corn. It’s the only candy I eat really, but the fact that I completely gorge myself each year makes up for that very fact. It’s a good thing I can readily access this sugar and food coloring bonanza just once a year, otherwise I fear my skin might turn orange.





• Favorite day: Saturday. On no uncertain terms am I a morning person, but I really, really love Saturday mornings. My personal heaven: wearing pajamas, drinking coffee, snuggling with the dog and reading the newspaper.

• Favorite store: Target. I love the prices, the atmosphere and the general awesomeness of this mega retailer. I also love that I walk past hotdogs, popcorn and Slush Puppies on my way to the clothing section.









• Favorite artistic masterpiece: “The Singing Butler” by Jack Vettriano. If you’ve never seen it, you must. It’s beautiful and breathtaking and I have the perfect spot for it in on a blank wall in my home. Several years ago, I found an oversized reproduction of this painting at a Kirkland’s outlet store for a mere $50 and passed it up. I’ve rued that day ever since.








• Favorite flower: Blue hydrangeas. See my oversized wedding bouquet: ‘nuff said.










• Favorite wine: Blue Nun QUALITÄTSWEIN. No, I do not have any idea how to pronounce that. You’ll find it in the “German” section of the wine store in a lovely blue bottle with a nun holding a basket on the front. No, that’s not a joke. It’s sweet, refreshing and costs roughly $7.



1 comment:

Journey said...

I love that wedding picture! And love Saturday mornings too! :)